Executive Administrator, University of Alabama at Birmingham
The role of the AAARAD Treasurer is to oversee the finances of the organization, which include collection of membership dues and conference fees, as well as payment of expenses incurred for ongoing activities and meetings. If applicable, AAARAD Treasurer oversees the services of contracted treasurer.
- In cooperation with the AAARAD Membership chair, send out dues renewal notification, typically in February, to allow for time for multiple reminders. Fiscal year ends 4/30.
- Prepare and review annual report to be presented at annual fall conference.
- Prepare and submit tax filing-990-N (e-postcard). If we fail to file for three years, we lose our tax-exempt status.
- Participate in monthly AAARAD Board Conference calls.
- Deposit all checks received for dues and conferences. Send notification of any new member application to membership chair.
- Review bills and pay vendors; the web hosting firm has a monthly fee for hosting as well as charges for maintenance and enhancement work done on the website. The telephone conferencing company invoices monthly assuming activity for board meeting and/or webinars. Pay SCARD for AAARAD meeting.
- Reconcile bank account(s) and ensure operation account has sufficient cash for operations. Transfer funds as required from interest-bearing account.
- Maintain PayPal account, modifying as needed.
- Provide monthly report to the Board
- Ensure at least 1 AAARAD board member has access and authorization of AAARAD accounts.