Scope of the Job
Using independent judgement and initiative, provides direct support for the department residency programs, including alumni and continuing medical education. Serves as the lead administrative person for the Graduate Medical Education (GME) residency/fellowship and other educational programs. Reports directly to Program Directors, as well as to the UFJPI Radiology Director. The principal type of work includes the implementation and maintenance of administrative policies, procedures, fiduciary oversite and program of the University of Florida College of Medicine GME are essential components of this position. Prioritizes heavy work volume in a fast-paced environment, handling difficult or critical situations. As appropriate, supervises other personnel assigned to support the graduate medical education functions.
- Collaborates with the Program Directors and University’s Office of Educational Affairs (OEA) in assuring full compliance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Institutional Requirements and Program Requirements for all programs. Supervises/assists with development of strategies to achieve compliance.
- Manages daily operations, supervises all aspects of the educational programs, including didactic conferences, evaluations, duty hours, and appropriate policies and procedure relevant to the ACGME and University requirements.
- Oversees the coordination and documentation of all meetings concerning the Residency Program. Responsible for maintenance of Master Rotation Schedule and Admin. Oversees monthly reporting of resident rotational activities to the OEA. Monitors and reposts all resident training activity for the OEA.
- Oversee all aspects of resident personnel actions including new appointments, reappointments, and courtesy appointments in compliance with University policy. Assists with all aspects of Resident Terminations and Clearance and appropriate summative final letters of performance.
- Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process.
- Coordinates, organizes, and schedules GME program events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, retreats, conferences and various meetings. Prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.
- Designs, delivers, and reports timely completion of resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations through the New Innovations Residency Management System (RMS).
- Coordinates accreditation activities including ACGME Site Visits, Self-Studies, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc.
- Tracks, documents, and reports on educational activities for residents, for the purpose of meeting board certification requirements, meeting program accreditation requirements, and complying with the policies and procedures of the OEA/GME.
- Ensures accurate data is maintained on all ECFMG, VISA, and RA status. Responsible for data reports (statistical and financial) as required (AAMC, COTH, ACGME, Certifying Specialty Board and other regulatory agency reports).
Adhere to company policies and procedures, demonstrate the core values and Hospitality behaviors, resolve conflict through open, honest, professional communication, demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude, keep supervisor and leadership apprised of issues, and seek opportunities to recognize others.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Concisely communicate and relate to all levels of the organization, customers and outside agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency using all Microsoft Office 2003 products; network environment.
- Attention to Detail
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
5 years GME experience required
GME Management preferred
Education and Certifications
BA/BS degree Required
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity InstitutionApply Now
This Job Post expires on Sunday April 4th, 2021